Monday, 9 February 2015

Nigel Pearson: Leicester City deny manager sacking reports

Nigel Pearson 
Premier League bottom club Leicester City have denied reports they have sacked manager Nigel Pearson.
Media reports claimed the 51-year-old Englishman had been dismissed after Saturday's 1-0 home defeat by Crystal Palace - City's third straight league loss and 15th of the season.

But a statement issued just after 22:00 GMT on Sunday said Pearson was still in charge of the East Midlands club.
"Reports to the contrary are inaccurate and without foundation," it said.
"Nigel, his staff and the first team squad are entirely focused on Tuesday night's trip to Arsenal and our continued efforts to secure our position in the Premier League." Nigel Pearson's certainly under pressure, mainly because of results. A couple of public relations gaffes haven't helped - a touchline spat with James McArthur during Saturday's game against Crystal Palace and December's clash with a Leicester supporter after a home defeat against Liverpool - but Leicester are only four points away from safety and their form - as distinct from results - isn't that desperate."
Pearson led Leicester to promotion from the Championship last season but has won just four of 24 games this campaign.
In December, he was given a touchline ban and fined for insulting a Leicester fan during the 3-1 defeat by Liverpool.
The former Southampton and Hull City boss was involved in a touchline incident with Palace's James McArthur on Saturday.
Pearson, who had a previous spell as Foxes boss from 2008-2010, has been in charge since November 2011.

No comments:

Post a Comment